Difference between Test case and Test scenario:
- Test case consist of set of input values, execution precondition, excepted Results and executed post condition, developed to cover certain test Condition. While Test scenario is nothing but test procedure.
- A Test Scenarios have one to many relation with Test case, Means A scenario have multiple test case. Every time we have write test cases for test scenario. So while starting testing first prepare test scenarios then create different-2 test cases for each scenario.
- Test cases are derived (or written) from test scenario. The scenarios are derived from use cases.
- Test Scenario represents a series of actions that are associated together. While test Case represents a single (low level) action by the user.
- Scenario is thread of operations where as Test cases are set of input and output given to the System.
Checking the functionality of Login button is Test scenario and
Test Cases for this Test Scenario are:
1. Click the button without entering user name and password.
2. Click the button only entering User name.
3. Click the button while entering wrong user name and wrong password.
Test Scenario is ‘What to be tested’ and Test Case is ‘How to be tested’.